Our Change of College Coach is a generalist who can help you through the beginning steps in changing colleges at the U of M Twin Cities. They can support you in:
- understanding the process to change colleges
- what prerequisite classes you might need
- who to contact in each college for specific questions
- understanding next steps and creating an action plan to take to change colleges.
The Change of College Coach is not a replacement for your academic advisor or the change of college specialists in each college. If you have questions about creating a “four-year plan”, admissions decisions, or your graduation timeline, speak to the representatives in your desired college.
Meet with the Change of College coach in-person or virtually, whatever works best for you! The Change of College Coach offers both short drop-ins and full appointments.
How long does an appointment or drop-in last?
What is the difference between an appointment and a drop-in?
At a drop-in, you can discuss quick topics like:
- Admission statics for each college
- A brief overview of the change of college process
- The first steps you need to take to get started changing colleges
- Deadlines for change of college applications
- Who to contact in each college with questions
At an appointment, you can create a more detailed action plan, including:
- What classes to take next semester to stay on track
- What the application process looks like in detail
- How the classes you have already taken apply to your desired major
- Understanding the timeline for application and admission
- Continued support throughout the change process
How do I prepare for an appointment?
Come prepared to talk about a specific major you want to work towards. This major should be in a different college (and not your current college). You do not need to do any specific work or research beforehand.
If you know you want a different major but are not sure which one, work with a CAPE coach first. Once you complete coaching and have a specific major in mind, come back and action plan with the Change of College Coach.