Who to Refer to CAPE
- Any strongly undecided students
- Students looking at majors in multiple colleges
- Students pursuing a competitive major and may need a parallel plan
- Incoming, undecided NAS/Transfer Students AFTER they have attended orientation and registered for courses
- Incoming NHS/New First Year Students AFTER they have attended orientation and registered for courses
Before referring to CAPE, consider which service might be best suited for the student's situation. When in doubt, refer students to our drop-in hours. Our peer coaches can help students determine which service to use and can answer quick major exploration questions. You are also welcome to call us at 612-624-3076.
Many offices assist exploring students, but CAPE's services are cross-college and more “generalistic.” Here is a list of other offices that may better serve students depending on their situation.
|If the students have a major in mind …||... refer them to their college/major advisor.|
|If the students have a declared major but are unsure about their career path …||... refer them to their career services office.|
|If the students seek personal counseling …||... refer them to Student Counseling Services or Boynton Mental Health Clinic.|
|If the students need to file a Change of College form …||... refer them to One Stop.|
|If the students are interested in designing their own major …||... refer them to either the Inter-College Program through CCAPS or the Individualized Degree Programs through CLA.|
Advising Exploring Students
For more information, read our "Advising for Undecided Students" page on the Undergraduate Advising website.