Referring Students to CAPE
In general, students who are a "good" fit for CAPE are:
- "Strongly Undecided" (don't have any idea where to start) or
- Interested in two or more majors across U of M colleges or
- Looking at a competitive program and are in need of a "Plan B"
- Willing to invest some energy in the exploration process.
1-1 Coaching – Major Exploration Course – Workshops – Major Network – Drop-Ins
The services offered at CAPE all are based in our Action Plan Curriculum. Before referring a student to CAPE, please consider which service might be most appropriate for each student’s situation. When in doubt, drop-in hours are available for students to determine if CAPE services are right for them and/or for quick questions regarding exploring majors. You are also welcome to call us at 612-624-3076.
Many offices assist students in exploring majors, but CAPE is unique in that it's cross-college and more "generalistic." Here is a list of other offices that my better serve students depending on their situation.
If a student:
- has a major in mind...refer them to their college/major advisor.
- has a declared major but is uncertain about their career path...refer them to their career services office.
- is not admitted to the University...refer to College of Continuing Education Non-degree advising.
- seeks personal counseling...refers to Student Counseling Services or Boynton Mental Health Clinic.
- needs to file Change of College form...refer to OneStop.
- is interested in designing their own major….refer to either the Inter College Program through CCE or the Individualized Degree Programs through CLA.
- Selected resources for undecided students (16KB DOCX)