Unsure about your major? Join our community to explore the U of M’s 140+ majors with other students and find your academic home!
The Explore House community, located in Territorial Hall, is designed for first-year students who are exploring their options for majors. Sometimes this is labeled as “undecided,” but we like to think of it as open-minded, or exploring! 75% of first-year students are at some level of exploration when it comes to majors, so you’re not alone. By being a part of this community, you will have the opportunity to live with other students who want to explore all that the U of M has to offer.
Students in the Explore House will have the opportunity to:
- Be matched with an Academic and Career Coach from CAPE, who will meet with you throughout your first year to help you develop an action plan towards deciding on a major
- Have access to drop-in hours with Peer Coaches from CAPE in Territorial Hall
- Live with other students who are also exploring and have a variety of academic interest areas
- Attend community events designed to help you learn more about yourself, majors, and careers
- Option to enroll in OUE 2001: Academic Planning and Exploration, a 1-credit course that guides you through the major decision-making process
New first year students from all colleges and academic interests are invited to join the Explore House! If you have any questions, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.